Help Your Employees Find Work/Life Balance
Work/life balance is the concept that supports an employee’s daily efforts to split their time and energy between their professional life with any and all other aspects of their life. It’s important for the health of an individual to be able to balance their time between work, family, friends, community, spirituality, and personal interests. Without this essential balance, a break occurs with one or more of those important life anchors.
There are several ways that you as an employer can help employees find that natural balance.
- Reduce employee workload.
- Recognize and reward overtime work.
- Make alternative work arrangements more widely available. This can be through flex-time or the opportunity to work from home.
- Give employees the opportunity to say “no” when asked to work overtime. Saying “no” should not be a career-limiting move.
- Offer adequate time off to allow employees the time to relax and rejuvenate.
- Let parents be parents. Life happens, especially when raising kids. Parents should not have to choose between their job and addressing a family emergency.
Walk the talk. Let your employees know that your care about a work life balance, and be able to support their efforts to truly enjoy one.
Continue learning with us!
Receive our blog in your email inbox.